Wednesday, September 13, 2017

~Happy 12th Birthday Mckell~

Having your birthday the day before a holiday makes for one busy crazy day.  This year Mckell's birthday happened to fall the day before Easter, so we started her day out doing what we always do the day before Easter.  We headed to Lee's for the Bunny trail  and to meet the Easter bunny.
It hit me today that Mckell is not only turning 12, but that she is growing up.  She wasn't really excited about going to Lee's like she had been in years past.  I could tell that this may be the last year she does this with us :(  I'm not ready for her to grow up.
While Mckell was out shopping with Dave the Beehives came over to decorate her door and welcome her to Young Womens.  We left her her favorite treats, Riesens made to look like bees and Diet Coke.
Mckell is so excited to finally be able to officially come to Young Womens with me.  We at going to have so much fun!!!
When we asked Mckell what she wanted to do on her birthday, she said perform in a piano recital.  Ok, maybe that's not what she said, but that is what I made her too.  I wasn't sure if this would be her last one.  I know when the kids get to Jr High, they get so busy and their schedules make it hard to keep up with piano lessons.  She may keep taking, but I wasn't sure what her schedule was going to be like, so we all went to listen to her play in her recital.  For this recital, Ellen had all the students play a duet with a family member.  Since Hunter is the only one in our family who knows how to play the piano, he was the obvious choice.  It made my heart so happy watching them play together.  Hunter was a good sport.
We let Mckell pick where we were going to eat.  She picked her all time favorite restaurant, Rodizio Grill.
Happy Birthday Mckell!  Everyone asks if I'm ready to have you become a teenager.  I'm not worried at all.  You are such a sweet, beautiful, kind young women and I'm not worried about you changing just because you are turning into a teenager.  I don't know what our family would do without you.  You are the BEST babysitter,  the BEST helper, the MOST thoughtful, and my BEST friend.  I love you Mckell!

No comments:

Post a Comment