Monday, July 17, 2017

~Pioneer Trek~Youth Conference~

Dave and I got to be part of youth conference this year since he is the Bishop.  We went on a trek with the Stake.  Dave has been to trek before the last time our stake went so he was asked to be part of several committees.  The photography committee (he used his drone to video things), the medical committee ( he was asked to drive our razor as a vehicle for getting youth to and fro), and the set up committee.  He also was given an assignment as the bishop to walk and mingle with the youth.  Since he is only 1 man and can really only be 1 place at a time, I got to take his place as the medical car and drive the razor.  Definitely the way to trek, lol.
The women from our ward who also went on trek.  Cara Gordon, Vicki Opheikens, me, Carolee Barker, Jill Schenck, Jen Bird, and Julie Cook
Wow!!! It's a dirty job trekking :)
I did feel that I missed out on a piece of trek, not walking with the group,  but if I were ever to do it again I would want to experience it with my kids.
I'm glad I got to go with my sweatheart this time.  It is fun experiencing these things with him.
I know this picture isn't from trek, but it is such a cute picture of cute little Garrett walking like the pioneer children in primary.  I just love this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment