Monday, May 21, 2018

~The Best Calling In the World~

"The joy in motherhood comes in moments.  There will be hard times and frustrating times.  But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction." ~M Russell BallardI can't think of anything that has brought me more joy than these 4 cuties.  I love them all so much and am so grateful that I was called to be their mom.  They truly are the sweetest, kindest, most thoughtful, funniest, most talented kids around.  I am so proud of each one of them and the little people they are growing into.  This Mother's Day I was especially grateful for the handprint book and bracelet Garrett made for me, the stepping stone and letter that I got from Lexi, the German Mothers day card that I got from Hunter, and the extra help, hugs, and back scratches that I got from Mckell.  They all made my special day so wonderful.
I was also given a shining moment of satisfaction when I was surprised by a group of sweet young women showing up at my door.  They are all friends of Hunter's and they stopped by to bring me a mothers day treat and letters that they all had written to me to wish me a Happy Mothers Day.  Such a sweet gesture from these sweet girls.  I was speechless.  The letters all told me what an amazing mother I must be to have raised such an amazing young man like Hunter.  They all commented what a gentleman he is.  How he  is always holding the door open for them, will give up his seat so they can sit down, and how he carried all of the girls' hammocks for them when they were going hammocking.  They also said how he is kind to everyone, never says anything mean about anyone, and is a great missionary and example to these girls.  I was truly touched by these letters.  They made me cry.  It really reaffirmed to me that little acts of kindness can really make someone's day so much happier.  I truly am so proud of the young man Hunter is, and these letters letting me know what a kind, gentleman he is really made my Mother's Day the best!!!  Thank you Tessa, Kira, Kenna, Ginny, Kinley, and Grace.  I will cherish these letters forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment