Sunday, November 2, 2014

~Halloween~

We got up bright and early to start off our Halloween festivities.  The day started off with a Halloween parade at the school.  It was fun to have Dave and both grandmas with us this year.
Even Garrett got dressed up for the parade.
Lexi and Melyn.  Lexi was a hula girl for the school parade.
It was fun to see everyone's costumes.  I love that our school still does the Halloween parade.  I know there are several schools that don't.
Lexi cracked me up this year, cause as soon as she got home from school she decided that she was going to be a baby for trick or treating.  Normally it is Hunter who is a different costume for each event, but this year it was Lexi.
Hunter wanted to go hang out with his friends, so I didn't get a picture of him with all of the kids.  This is the best he would let me do.  The scary man in the mask is Rexton.
Cute Grey Kuchenmeister saw us taking pictures and ran down to be in one :)


I was very proud of Garrett. At the ward trunk or treat he was not interested in the least to go trick or treating.  I forced him to go to 3 cars and he cried the whole time, so I gave up.  I honestly didn't think he would want to go trick or treating to neighborhood houses with the kids, but to my surprise he loved it :)  Infact he cried when Dave had called me to come and bring him home.  He wanted to stay out with the kids.
This is not a great picture of the boys, but they came back to our house after trick or treating to eat and watch scary movies.  I was so tired from getting up early to get everyone ready in their costumes for school, so I was fighting to keep my eyes open.  Well I ended up falling asleep, so did Dave and the girls, and even the boys fell asleep.  At around 11:30, Jill Schenck texted both Dave and I asking if she should come get the boys.  Dave and I didn't get the text cause we were sleeping.  I guess after a while she ended up just coming to our house and quietly knocking on the door (she didn't want to wake anyone, lol)  When no one answered I guess she started to get a little worried.  She went back home and waited a little bit, then came back to our house.  Still no one answered.  So she started peeking in the windows to see if she saw anyone.  She did see Rexton's shoes by the front door so she knew he was there, but still no one came to the door.  Finally at 1:00 am she gave in and called the house, which woke Dave up. Hahaha, if she hadn't ended up calling the house we all would have slept until morning with the boys over :)  I guess Dave and I have to get better about that for when the kids get older.  We can't be falling asleep with people over, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment