Sunday, December 3, 2017

~Special Assignment From Santa~

We were surprised with a letter from Santa brought to our family by our elf Fred.
The letter told our family that Santa had a special job for us to help him out with a gift for a special little boy and girl for Christmas.  He told us that he would have an elf drop the assignment off later that evening.  The kids wondered if the assignment was going to be making something for someone (like necklaces or something), or buying Christmas gifts for them.  They couldn't wait until later that night to find out what it was.
That evening right before bed, we heard the doorbell ring.  There sitting on our porch was this cute little puppy with a bag full of things he would need, and a letter from Santa that read:  
Lexi, Mckell, Garrett, and Hunter,

Ok, Here’s the special job I have for you.  I need you guys to take care of this little fella for me since we are so busy here at the North Pole now a days.  I am busy making my list and checking it twice, the elves are working non-stop to make sure we have plenty of toys for Christmas, and the reindeer are in flight school making sure they are ready to pull my sleigh.  We just don’t have time to take care of this little guy.  We don’t have time to play catch with him, snuggle him to sleep, and feed him his favorite jerky treats.  I’ve watched how great you guys took care of Rhino and I knew you would be perfect for the job.  There is a little boy and girl who have been asking for a puppy and I need to make sure he is well taken care of until I’m ready to bring him to them on Christmas night.  He doesn’t have a name yet so you can call him whatever you’d like.  He is a sweet little guy and I know you’ll take good care of him until he is ready to go to his new home.  Make sure he is fed, gets lots of exercise, and uses the potty pad when he need to go to the bathroom.  He loves to snuggle.  If you help me out with this job, I will bring you something really great on Christmas morning.  I’ll call you in a week or so and check in on how he is doing.

                                  Merry Christmas!

                                Santa Claus
Mckell was so excited that she cried.
Meet Buddy
The kids are thrilled that Santa would trust them with such a special job.

No comments:

Post a Comment