Tuesday, December 26, 2017

~Joy To The World~

Mckell's Christmas piano recital this year was at the South Ogden Library since our library is under construction.  Her recital was the same night as the Jazz game that we had tickets to, so we ran to her recital (luckily she was able to go first so we could see her), then we headed to the Jazz game.  She played Joy to the World and Away in a Manger.  Jerry and Darinda were good sports to cover for us and bring the kids home from the recital.  Mckell did great, although neither she nor I liked her Away in a Manger arrangement.  I didn't think it sounded like the actual song at all, lol.  I kept telling her she must be playing it wrong as she practiced, but she insisted that is the way it was supposed to sound.  Ellen also confirmed that to me, so I guess it was just the arrangement, lol.
Darinda was amazing and got some pictures of the group for me.  She is the best!!!
I'm a little bummed cause this is probably going to be Mckell's last recital :(   We made a deal that if she learned to play a church hymn that she could play in young womens, then she could quit.  She has learned to play "I am a Child of God" really well, so if she can play it with everyone singing along, she can be done.  I don't think I'm ready for that.  I love listening to my kids play, but I do have to say that Hunter plays all the time now.  Every morning when he wakes up he plays, when he gets home from school he plays, before bed he plays.  In fact he plays more than Mckell and she is the one taking the lessons.  He says he likes it now, because he can play songs he likes, and not what the piano teacher is making him play, lol.  Hopefully Mckell will do the same thing.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment