Monday, May 26, 2014

~Memorial Day Weekend~

Since school was officially out, we decided to celebrate with a trip up to Browne Lake in the Uintah's.  We went with our little family, Marc and Randee's family, and Jeff and Becky's family.  We had a lot of fun!  It was a really good get away, and what made it even better for Dave was there was no cell service up there, so he was totally disconnected from work, which I think was really good for him.  That is until he got within cell range again :)
The kids had a lot of fun playing with their cousins.  There was a small river flowing through camp that they liked to play by.  Garrett fell in it the first day there, and it was freezing!  I thought he would have learned his lesson and steered clear of the river.  But no.  He loved throwing sticks and rocks in it, and really just wanted to be playing with the big kids.  Luckily it wasn't very big or very deep.

Hunter had a lot of fun shooting his gun at targets and stuff.
We played some fun games, went on some great 4 wheeler rides, and ate tons of yummy food.
Dave made the best dutch oven peach cobbler.  Sooo good!


Mckell learned to drive a 4 wheeler all by herself this trip.  Once she learned, it was all we could do to get her off the 4 wheelers.  She wanted to ride all the time.  :)  I'm glad she had fun and she did a really good job for being her first time.
This has been Garrett's first real time riding the 4 wheelers.  He LOVED every minute of it.  He is such a boy.  He loved riding the 4 wheelers, running around pretending he was shooting things, and throwing rocks.  He was so funny to watch.
On one of our 4 wheeler rides, Dave noticed a waterfall off in the distance, so we hiked through tons of deadfall to see it :)  As I was hiking up the mountainside over fallen trees, I lost my balance and fell backwards.  I tried to catch myself, but there was nothing to grab, so I ended up falling straight on my back, feet in the air. Luckily I didn't get hurt at all.  I fell in a bed of pine branches, which was pretty lucky because there were sticks and jagged trees everywhere.


The last day we found some fun hiking trails. 
We wish we would have found them sooner, so we could have gone on a fun hike.  I guess we will have to remember for next time.
We had a great time this weekend.  I think it was really good for Dave to get away from work.  The kids had a blast and were sad that we had to leave to come home.  They had more stuff they wanted to do.  I guess we will have to plan another camping trip soon :).

1 comment:

  1. Fun memories! No cell service is wonderful! I hope you get to go a lot more this summer! I'm glad you blog ....I love reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete