Monday, August 31, 2015

~Camp Hunt~

This was Hunter's first year of officially going to scout camp.  I honestly was a little worried for him.  I worried about what he'd do if he got cold during the night, I worried if he was going to like the food and get enough to eat, I worried mostly because this was going to be his first time away somewhere from home without Dave or me.  I can't imagine what it's going to be like to have him go on a mission, lol.  Luckily Dave went up for the first 2 days of scout camp, so that eased my worry a little bit.
Hunter loves going to scouts because he is in with all of his buddies.  That makes it fun for whatever they do.  He was so excited about scout camp!
The first thing you do at scout camp is the swim check.  When our boys arrived it was freezing, like 68 degrees and raining, not to mention that the water at Bear Lake is not the warmest.  But that didn't get them out of the swim check.  Hunter toughed it out and passed the swim check.  Way to go Hunter!!!  A couple of our boys didn't, so I was proud that Hunter toughed it out and did it, in the rain and all.  It took the boys forever to get warmed up after being in the lake though.
When you don't have tables and chairs to play cards on you just play in the dirt.
The last day there, the boys went boating and played in Bear Lake.  They had a great time.  It was funny to hear the boys talk about all the cute girls up at scout camp, and to hear all their funny stories about their week.  I'm so glad that Hunter has such a good group of friends that he will go through scouts with.  It really does make me worry a little less about him while he is away. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment