Tuesday, March 20, 2018

~Dance Competition Season has Begun~

I love when dance competition season begins, because I get to see what my girls have been working on all year.  I'm always blown away with what beautiful dancers they are.  Mckell's group, Senior Elect, was asked to perform at both the Weber High Warriorette Show and the Ben Lomond Lassie Show.  It was good practice for her team to perform their dances in front of a crowd before the first competition.
The first competition was "Gotta Move" held at the Ogden Egyptian Theater. 
Lexi's group won 1st place and Best of Show for the whole competition for their jazz dance "Wild One". Way to Go Junior Extreme!!!  Mckell's hip hop dance won 2nd place.
Lexi's Group won 2nd place in their hip hop dance "Nerdy"
Mckell's jazz dance "Black and Gold" also won 2nd place.
Then for Lexi's group lyrical dance 'Kingdom Fall" they won 1st place.  This is one of my favorite dances and I was so proud of Lexi.  In this dance she does a back bend walk over.  A week ago she was still struggling with this and couldn't even get over, but with the help of her amazing aunt Cassie, she got it down and did it for this competition.  She was so proud of herself!!!
I didn't get a picture of Mckell's groups lyrical dance, but they got first place for their dance "Clown".  This is also one of my favorite dances.  My girls both have such a talent for dance.  I love watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment